Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Twisted fate and backhanded redemption

I don't want or need explanations.
The vast majority of my soul does not care.
It's not about accepting you for who you are because I don't really know you.
I do know your affect on me that has now dwindled.

You always had to be first
You insisted on it.
You always had to walk 3 steps faster.
When I became a distance runner
and exceeded the traditional path
of lineage my footsteps paced evenly to school yet beyond our linear plane

I was a star for two years
I worked to earn that reputation
It carried me into and through college
We went our separate ways for the most part
except that one time I visited you in college.

Things are different now
I live in Northern Minnesota
I don't need you or the annual games you forge with my family.
I don't really know you 
or who you are.

I understand you live the good life for good life's sake
Not caring for the poor or fringe society

I am long past college
I am in the forest with dreams of my own
and high expectations for my future.
I am a writer with a plan.
I must now forget you even try to exist
or genuinely care about anyone.



My second novel will be out in 30 days  "Split Rock Money Changers." by Janessa Hoffman aka Scarlet Risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment