Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Human Darkness - small town friend

Human darkness
consumes me
drapes its helter skelter shadow
smothering my joy
her arrogance and assumptions
manifested pure hate
lack of reprisal
integrating subversion with accusation
the lowest level of darkness
false assumption
I showed her the blue line of my vein
as she swallowed my consciousness
Throughout history
she shrunk wrap my truths
ate my metal schrapnel that filtered through swollen veins
I am a dry drunk
and felt my rage through shifting emotions
of unfufilled grief
she kicked me at my weakest moment
and paraded her high crown daughter through town
excluding me from the church pancake breakfast
and her indignation of never reaching out
to find the lost souls of Corinth
in the inner shadows of her backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment