Total Pageviews

Friday, June 25, 2021

Promised Land revised

 I'm going to make it to the Promised Land

I made my claim and took my stand

I'm going to make it to the Promised land

Don't hinder me now cause you can't thwart the plan

I made it past the liars and thieves

I've made it past those self involved with grief

I rose past those who held me down

who possessed carnality as if it were a crown. 

I lived past those who mixed love with lust

And thought their masculinity was based on one last thrust

I made it past strangers who want to hold my hand

But church to them is a disaster plan.

I sorted right through those I could weed out

Who were ruled by Satan and full of doubt.

I chose the glory because I have a king

who gave me a life so I could battle sin.

I'm gunna make it to the promised land

Where Jesus now will hold my hand

Erase the pain, the death, the years 

alleviate my biggest fears.



-Jane Hoffman 6.25.21

No comments:

Post a Comment