Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 27, 2011

People don’t want their lives fixed. Nobody wants their problems solved. Their dramas. Their distractions. Their stories resolved. Their messes cleaned up. Because what would they have left? Just the big scary unknown."

I copied this from Ernest's Tumbler....

Reviewing this quote, I think it is partially true..like when a person doesn't really want to try because it is too painful to change. That is why I chickened out moving to Minnesota. I was scared to break my routine and temporarily sacrifice for the greater future. But I know it will happen because I crave the fresh air, river and woods like a toxic drug that I must inhale...my body will be drawn back to that place...a place I cannot resist.....In the meantime, I swim once a week at Lionel's...I enjoy the coming and goings of various people. It is a huge complex of people. Last week I met a human resources person for a temp agency, this week I met a 4th generation Californio...that's what they were called back in the day. She was friendly and nice in the jacuzzi. I am helping a sixty eight yr old thru a divorce. He is broken hearted over the the fact that his Bulgarian wife left him. She had a demanding daughter. That is part of the dissension of the marriage. L.R., the 68 yr old is not saved. He also is very sex oriented and I ignore this aspect of his personality. He is lonely and not emotionally self sufficient. His intellect is the best part of his personality. I think he enjoys my company. It feels good to help someone. Going to his pool complex relaxes me and makes me feel like I am experiencing the better part of Los Angeles. I both defy and embrace L.A. Like most cities, it is more appealing at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment